Few things go together better than nachos and sports. Both nachos and sports are meant to be consumed with friends or family. After all, there’s a reason virtually every single stadium and sports bar has nachos and dip on the menu! Nachos and dip go together perfectly, and it’s the perfect snack for your entire crew! Whether you’re hosting a party for the big game or simply desire a tasty snack, this is going to be a recipe you’ll come back to again and again. Fortunately, it’s easier than you think to make homemade nachos and dip!
For the Nachos:
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or pepperjack)
- 1 cup cooked and seasoned ground beef or chicken (not required)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeños
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Dip:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the Dip: In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Set aside.
- Assemble the Nachos: Spread a single layer of tortilla chips on a large baking sheet or ovenproof dish. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese evenly over the chips. If using ground beef or chicken, scatter it over the cheese. Layer the remaining chips on top, followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Bake the Nachos: Place the baking sheet or dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Keep a close eye on the nachos to prevent burning.
- Add Toppings: Once the nachos are out of the oven, sprinkle diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, black olives, green onions, and fresh cilantro evenly over the top. These toppings add a burst of freshness and vibrant flavors to the nachos.
- Serve and Enjoy: Transfer the loaded nachos onto a large serving platter. Serve them warm alongside the dip you prepared earlier. The creamy, tangy dip complements the savory nachos perfectly. Encourage your guests to dig in and savor the irresistible combination of flavors and textures.
You’re all set! You now have the perfect dish to compliment whatever you’re doing that day. This is bound to be something that your friends and family will be all over!