When it comes to Gameday recipes, it doesn’t get much better than potato skins! Hard to imagine a better way to watch your favorite team or latest bet! As an added benefit, while they’re a staple at sports bars everywhere, these can easily be made at home!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- Sour cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry. Pierce the potatoes with a fork all over and place them directly on the middle rack in the preheated oven.
- Bake the potatoes for about 50-60 minutes or until they are cooked through and tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, slice each potato in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of each potato, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato flesh attached to the skin.
- Brush the potato skins with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Place the skins on a baking sheet, skin side down.
- Bake the potato skins for about 10-15 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and sprinkle each skin with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Return the potato skins to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle sliced green onions on top of the potato skins and serve with sour cream.
The best part is you can any cheese you prefer! This is a great as an appetizer, or something you use to feed your entire team!