Who doesn’t love a great barbecue party with friends and family? Now that it’s starting to get warm out, there’s no reason you can’t be remembered for throwing the best barbecue party in town! Take some of the ideas below and your guests will want to come back in no time!
Below are 10 great ways to throw a barbecue party that no one will forget:
- Theme your barbecue: Choose a theme for your barbecue party, such as a Hawaiian Luau or a Wild West cookout. Decorate your space and encourage guests to dress up to match the theme.
- Build your own burger bar: Set up a station with a variety of burger toppings and let your guests create their own burgers. Offer unique toppings like guacamole, fried onions, and jalapeño peppers.
- Have a BBQ potluck: Invite your guests to bring their favorite barbecue side dish or dessert to share. This takes some of the pressure off the host and allows everyone to contribute to the meal.
- Set up lawn games: Keep your guests entertained with lawn games like cornhole, ladder toss, or giant Jenga. You can even set up a tournament with prizes for the winners.
- Create a DIY drink station: Set up a drink station with different types of alcohol, mixers, and garnishes so that guests can create their own signature cocktails or mocktails.
- Build a s’mores station: Set up a station with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows so that guests can create their own s’mores. You can even provide different types of chocolate and flavored marshmallows to mix things up.
- Offer grilled desserts: Grilled fruit like peaches, pineapple, or bananas can make for a delicious and healthy dessert. You can also grill pound cake or donuts for a sweet treat.
- Hire a live band or musician: Add some entertainment to your party by hiring a live band or musician to perform. This can create a fun and lively atmosphere for your guests to enjoy.
- Host a barbecue competition: Turn your party into a competition by having guests vote on the best barbecue dish. You can offer prizes for the winners and bragging rights for the rest of the year.
- Host a nighttime barbecue: Add some ambiance to your party by hosting a nighttime barbecue. Hang string lights or light candles to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
The best part is that you can customize the experience for you and your guests. You can do some informal polling as well to see what guests would like the most. The only limits is your imagination!