Pickleball has exploded in popularity in recent years. While there’s several reasons why, it boils down to a few things in particular:
- Accessibility: One of the main reasons pickleball is growing in popularity is its accessibility. The game is easy to learn and can be played by people of all ages and skill levels. It can be played both indoors and outdoors, and requires minimal equipment.
- Social aspects: Pickleball is a social game that can be played with friends and family. It is a great way to meet new people and make new friends, which has become more important as people look for ways to stay connected in today’s world.
- Health benefits: Pickleball is a great way to stay active and get exercise. It is a low-impact sport that can be played for hours without putting too much strain on the body.
The sport also has some very high profile investors from the business and sports world. These include, but are not limited to:
- Bill Gates – co-founder of Microsoft, is known to be a fan of pickleball and has invested in the sport through his foundation. The Gates Foundation has donated funds to help build new pickleball courts and support the growth of the sport.
- Mark Cuban – owner of the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA, has invested in the pickleball company, Franklin Sports. Franklin Sports is a major manufacturer of pickleball equipment.
- Bob and Mike Bryan – retired professional tennis players who have won numerous Grand Slam titles, are also pickleball enthusiasts and investors. They have helped to promote the sport through their social media accounts and have invested in the pickleball company, Selkirk Sport.
Other famous investors in the sport include Tom Brady, Kim Clijsters, LeBron James, Drew Brees, and Gary Vaynerchuk. It’s seemingly only a matter of time before you’ll be able to bet on the sport using your favorite Sportsbook as well!