Mimosas + Afternoon Baseball = Perfection
What’s better than mimosas and afternoon baseball?! That’s a combination that is hard to beat. But in order to enjoy this combo, you need the proper ingredients and a drink recipe!
The ingredients are:
- 1 bottle of chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 cups of chilled orange juice
- Fresh orange slices, for garnish (optional)
Here’s a take on a classic mimosa:
- Pour the orange juice into a large pitcher or carafe.
- Slowly pour in the champagne or sparkling wine, stirring gently to combine.
- Pour the Mimosa mixture into champagne flutes, filling each glass about halfway.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh orange, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Of course, you can always adjust the ratio of champagne to orange juice to suit your own personal tastes, or depending on how the game is going!
This is the perfect drink to have while watching weekend baseball on the afternoon. One of the beauties of baseball is that as the season goes along, the weather gets nicer! The heart of the season is during the summer. The summer is the perfect time to watch your favorite team outside while you sip on a mimosa!
There are also several variations to the classic mimosas. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pineapple Mimosa: Instead of using orange juice, try using pineapple juice for a tropical twist.
- Grapefruit Mimosa: Substitute grapefruit juice for orange juice to add a tangy, slightly bitter flavor to your Mimosa.
- Pomegranate Mimosa: Mix pomegranate juice with orange juice for a tart, colorful twist on the classic Mimosa.
- Mojito Mimosa: Add a splash of lime juice and a few sprigs of fresh mint to your Mimosa for a refreshing, summery twist.
The only limitations here is your imagination! The possibilities are truly endless.