We’re all about creating delicious Gameday meals, and the hoagie fits perfectly into that gameplan! Hoagies are great for both lunch and dinner. This sandwich is very versatile. It’s never a bad time for a sandwich feast of deli meat, cheese, and assorted veggies! Read below for our ingredients and recipe!
- 1 hoagie roll (can be called a hero or sub roll, but you can also use your preferred roll as well)
- 1/4 pound of your preferred deli meat (salami, ham, prosciutto, etc)
- 2 slices of your preferred cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, and/or hot peppers
- Olive oil and red wine vinegar, or your preferred condiments
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice the hoagie roll in half lengthwise, but not all the way through, leaving one side intact.
- Place the roll on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish, and bake it in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until it’s lightly toasted.
- While the roll is toasting, prepare your ingredients. Slice your preferred deli meat and cheese, and wash and slice your vegetables.
- Remove the roll from the oven, and brush both sides with olive oil and red wine vinegar or your preferred condiments.
- Layer your preferred deli meat and cheese on the bottom half of the roll.
- Add your desired vegetables on top of the cheese.
- Close the sandwich by placing the top half of the roll on top of the fillings.
- Slice the sandwich in half with a serrated knife if desired, and enjoy!
The best part of creating your ideal hoagie sandwich is that you can really use any assortment of deli meat, cheese, and veggies. Several different condiments can be used as well. You’re in control of the sandwich, and you’re in control of your own Ultimate Gameday Experience.