As many people across the country can attest to, it gets chilly in November! The weather can change on a dime, but it can go from a slight chill to very cold very quickly!
The good news is that we have you covered! We have a few drink recipes that are perfect for keeping and even your guests warm! Whether you’re entertaining your posse on NFL Sunday or just trying to enjoy a crisp afternoon, these recipes will have you coming back for more.
Section 1: Classic Hot Toddy
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cloves (optional)
- Lemon wheel (for garnish)
- In a heatproof glass or mug, combine whiskey, honey, and lemon juice.
- Pour in hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, cloves (if desired), and a lemon wheel.
Section 2: Spiced Apple Cider with a Kick
- 2 oz spiced rum
- 6 oz hot apple cider
- Cinnamon stick
- Apple slice (for garnish)
- In a heatproof glass, pour spiced rum over hot apple cider.
- Stir gently with a cinnamon stick.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
Section 3: Cozy Irish Coffee
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1.5 oz Irish whiskey
- 1 oz brown sugar
- Heavy cream (lightly whipped)
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Pour hot coffee into a warmed mug.
- Add Irish whiskey and brown sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Carefully float a layer of lightly whipped heavy cream on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
Section 4: Mulled Wine Magic
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Heat gently (do not boil) for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain and serve warm in mugs.
Section 5: Toasty Buttered Rum
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves
- Hot water
- In a heatproof glass or mug, combine dark rum, brown sugar, unsalted butter, and spices.
- Fill with hot water, stirring until the butter is melted.
The best part about these drinks is that they are versatile, and are sure to be a crowd pleaser! Try these out the next time you need to be warmed up, or add your own twists for a unique experience.