When you are inviting friends and family over for GameDay, you need a drink that’s easy enough to make that everyone will enjoy! Here’s a recipe for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing Citrus Punch:
Citrus Punch (Serves roughly 10-12)
- 4 cups of orange juice
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-6 lemons)
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice (about 6-8 limes)
- 1 cup of simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, dissolved and cooled)
- 1 liter of lemon-lime soda (e.g., Sprite or 7UP)
- 1 cup of orange liqueur (e.g., Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- Ice cubes
- Citrus slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Optional: vodka or rum for those who prefer an alcoholic version
- Prepare the Citrus Juices: Squeeze the lemons and limes to obtain fresh juice. Make sure to strain out any seeds or pulp.
- Make Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water (e.g., 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water). Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool. This will be your sweetener for the punch.
- Combine the Juices and Syrup: In a large punch bowl or beverage dispenser, combine the freshly squeezed lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, and simple syrup. Stir well to ensure the sweetener is fully incorporated.
- Add the Fizzy Elements: Just before serving, add the lemon-lime soda and orange liqueur to the mixture. Stir gently to combine. This will add effervescence and a hint of citrusy sweetness.
- Add Alcohol: It’s time to add the alcohol! For this drink, we recommend going with Vodka. Tito’s, Grey Goose, or Belvedere are all great options. Rum also goes well with this recipe. For rum, we’d recommend Captain Morgan Spiced Rum or Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.
- Chill and Serve: Fill the punch bowl with ice cubes to keep the drink cool without diluting it too much. You can also add citrus slices (lemon, lime, orange) and fresh mint leaves for a vibrant and aromatic garnish.
That’s it! All that’s left is to enjoy and root for your favorite team to win! This drink is versatile enough to satisfy everyone attending, and it goes well with a variety of GameDay snack foods as well.
Try this recipe for your next outing and let us know what you think!